What is CDPO?
Cambodian Disabled People's Organisation (CDPO) is an organisation of people with disabilities whose mission is to develop the networks of people with disabilities so as to support, protect, serve and promote their rights, achievements and interests, in order to bring about their fuller participation and equality in society.
People with Disabilities have a right to participate fully and equally in society.
• One voice of People with Disabilities.
• Empowerment of People with Disabilities.
Mission• Develop the networks of people with disabilities so as to support, protect, serve and promote their rights achievements and interests, in order to bring about their fuller participation and equality in society.
• Help bring into reality the ideals contained in the Proclamations and Declarations as stated in the preamble of this constitution.
• To upgrade, support and protect the rights and interests of people with disabilities by encouraging the establishment of associations, which can enable people with disabilities to address social and economic issues among their members.
• To participate with/or contribute to policy-making bodies of the government in formulating legislation/regulation on job quotas appropriate to physical ability and skill of people with disabilities, and issues of accessibility of opportunities and the physical environment which would allow people with disabilities to get opportunities for wider participation in society.
• To cooperate with Government agencies as well as national/local and international NGOs to provide support to strengthen the community-based programs and services in the interests of people with disabilities and their families.